Tuesday, July 31, 2012

One Truth - the Oneness - Many Paths

Photo


                                                 Truth is one, paths are many. Mahatma Gandhi

In Christianity, it would be "Love thy neighbor as thy self." In Gandhi's spirituality it would be "Love thy neighbor for he is thyself."
Ron Alexander Also in Christianity from Jesus Christ - Be as one, as my Father and I are one."

Ron Alexander thanks Nick - Thank God for free will! However, I think you missed a subtelty there. I said Gandhi would say "Love thy neighbor as thyself (as we are one)". Thanks for allowing me to clarify this.
Yes


Nick Macias Okay I do believe we are "one", we are a brotherhood of man, we come from one source and our "life force" energy is connected via the power of the creator of the universe. Thank you Ron for clearifing your words and thank you for taking the time to share them.


Lisa Crews Another quote from Gandhi, that I would have to agree with... "All Religions are True: "I came to the conclusion long ago … that all religions were true and also that all had some error in them, and whilst I hold by my own, I should hold others as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we are Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu … But our innermost prayer should be a Hindu should be a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, a Christian a better Christian." (Young India: January 19, 1928)

No comments: