Saturday, June 30, 2012

Never ever lose your sense of wonder

At twilight just before sunrise, I was walking on the docks, when I hear this drone, that sounded like a busy beehive. I looked up from where the sound was coming from and saw this eight arm flying machine with flashing blue and red lights on alternate arms. Since it was above me, coming toward me, I thought it was a UFO or something. Then as it got closer, I saw it was about the circular size of a 50 gal. drum (a little bigger). And has it landed near me, I saw it had a camera on it. Then I met the 2 young men who were in charge of it. One was operating Artemis, the Octocopter, with the precision of a pilot, as there was not that much room on the docks. And the other was operating the camera with a computer! I questioned them, out of curiosity, for awhile and was amazed at the people who walked by without a second glance! The one dog who was being walked demonstrated more curiosity than her owner.
I think that cynicism - being jaded is a killer! Troubled kids I have worked with had lost their childhood sense of wonder! Don't do it! Be full of wonder (wonderfull), aliveness and gratitude!

No comments: