Thursday, December 21, 2017

Soul rising in perfect night....

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

You may tell that German College that their honor comes too late, But they must not waste repentance on the grizzly savant's fate. Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have lovedthe stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. Sarah Williams (from _Best Loved Poems of the American People_, Hazel ...

Sarah Williams - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Williams
Sarah Williams (December 1837 –April 25, 1868) was an English poet and novelist, most famous as the author of the poem "The Old Astronomer". She published short works and one collection of poetry during her lifetime under the pseudonyms Sadie and S.A.D.I., the former of which she considered her name rather than a ...

No comments: