Wednesday, May 20, 2015

My Little Brother Barry Dead In Vietnam

My little Brother Dead in Vietnam

"Where there is anger, there is always pain underneath." —Eckhart Tolle
Ron Alexander
If we only knew before you went,


Dear Barry, however we were so innocent.


To think that war was time well-spent.


I would have taken you over the border.


I would have sailed you across the sea.


I would have made sure we were free


From our country’s blood-thirsty insanity.
 
  Only 3.5 min.                                   http://www.gofundme.com/lb9iaw -


 Hi, Ron:
I watched this video several times over 2 days, trying to fully
appreciate it.  It is a poignant and deeply moving tribute to your brother,
Barry. It certainly affirms his life and service. Your devotion to and love for
him is a witness to the man he was and the brother you still are to him today.
Yes, Spirit is the word.
Thank you for sharing. It helped me,
too.

Sincerely, Nancy  
Help stop this country's insanity, as well as help the victims of it...our vets and the Vietnam victims of agent Orange (I plan to go back there this Sept. to help in clinics).
 
   Lindsley Field: Thank you Ron for sharing and your passion to heal the wounds of war.
         
 
         
Debbie S. Thanks Ron...I'm going to contribute - My son has spent 4 yrs. of his life on 4 tours, 2 in Iraq and 2 in Afghanistan. He's a Warrant Officer 2 in the Army and still IN the Army, even after a Purple Heart and Bronze Star. Of course he, nor anyone else will tell me much about the injuries he got with the Purple Heart, but the basic story is that he was with some guys and going to retrieve a downed Humvee. They'd all just gotten out of their vehicle when an IED hit. My son was unconscious, and when he came to, he gathered up his guys (and some were dead and in pieces and parts), put them in their vehicle and drove back to base. I heard he had head trauma and was transferred to a hospital for several months. I also heard he has very bad PTSD. WHY he's still in the Army, I don't know. I saw him in July 2013 when he came home for my other son's funeral. Yeah, I unexpectedly lost the child I never thought I would, and that son's death was suspicious. He was a peace officer, but was off work when he died. Anyway, my son who died received a 21 gun salute at his funeral, and my military son almost fainted dead away at the noise. Just crazy awful. My own dad was at Nagasaki after they dropped the bomb, and he had night terrors and would wake up screaming. They did not call that PTSD then. He dropped dead at 35. I found out the bomb was plutonium and affects muscle, and the heart is a muscle. Many others suffered ongoing heart attacks or died young of heart attacks or heart problems besides the cancer. My military son's father and uncle were both Vietnam veterans and they both killed themselves. Yeah...I've pretty much been surrounded by the darker side of war and why, in my first public speech at a peace rally, my most famous line (I guess, since it ended up on NPR radio) was that WAR FOLLOWS EVERY SOLDIER HOME. It does Ron, believe me, it does. Hugs friend xo
        
 
             
  
     
    
 
                
Barry's Profile from VirtualWall.org Barry Kenneth Alexander (My dear brother had ATSD not PTSD - "Acute Traumatic Stress Syndrome" - research is going on to identify soldiers with ATSD as they should be taken out of combat zone.) I am part (volunteer) of the research team and ATSD is a newly termed much needed diagnosis we came up with. And now going into teaching Digital Storytelliing as another mode to attempt to heal those with PTSD (majority of our vets coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan.) Chief Warrant Officer  71ST AHC, 14TH AVN BN, 16TH AVN GROUP, AMERICAL DIV, USARV  Army of the United States Clemson, South Carolina  September 11, 1947 to September 22, 1969 BARRY K ALEXANDER is on the Wall at Panel W18, Line 124  See the full profile or name rubbing for Barry Alexander
Barry's Profile from VirtualWall.org Barry Kenneth Alexander (My dear brother had ATSD not PTSD - "Acute Traumatic Stress Syndrome" - research is going on to identify soldiers with ATSD as they should be taken out of combat zone.) I am part (volunteer) of the research team and ATSD is a newly termed much needed diagnosis we came up with. And now going into teaching Digital Storytelliing as another mode to attempt to heal those with PTSD (majority of our vets coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan.) Chief Warrant Officer  71ST AHC, 14TH AVN BN, 16TH AVN GROUP, AMERICAL DIV, USARV  Army of the United States Clemson, South Carolina  September 11, 1947 to September 22, 1969 BARRY K ALEXANDER is on the Wall at Panel W18, Line 124  See the full profile or name rubbing for Barry Alexander
         
                     
        
             
 
               
Tom Pinkson commented: very beautiful, poignant, got me crying. bless barry and all those who suffer the ravages of war and violence. may peace prevail! love, tomás Dr. Pinkson has been one of my fav. teachers. He has a PhD in psychology, and is a highly respected Shaman from the Huichol tradition. Tomas brought the first at home hospice over from England. In addition, he was clinical director for Dr. Jerry Jampolsky's wonderful Center for Attitudinal Healing in Sausalito, CA   Effie Aghili commented: What a beautiful and touching video. Indeed love last forever and our spirit is immortal. Love and light to your beloved brother's soul and you dear Ron. Effie is beloved by many thousands on Facebook!
    
 
 
Evan Williams What a fantastic video Ron! I was riveted from the first words. You captured so much, not only with the words, but also the reading of them. Powerfully emotional. It's easy to see how this type of work would be highly therapeutic. A wonderful cause. Thanks for sharing.       
 
Effie Aghili commented: What a beautiful and touching video.  Indeed love last forever and our spirit is immortal. Love and light to your beloved brother's soul and you dear Ron. 
         
 
     
Cheryl Lynn: what a beautiful tribute n a beautiful family ... your brother sounds like a wise n kind man ... it's sad that more don't realize, as he did, that being a patriot n serving can be about helping, not harming .... so sorry for your loss n the pain you've carried heart emoticon .... his love is with you always though

No comments: