Saturday, May 30, 2015

Dannion Brinkley's Twilight Parade - No Vet. Should Die Alone

Dannion Brinkley's Twilight Parade - no vet. should die alone...

Theda Parks: It's no mistake for the change. It was impossible for you to be with Barry when he took his leave, and you've grieved for years. I see you having that opportunity through Hospice. The man who wrote "Saved by the Light" is Dannion Brinkley... I met him a number of years ago when he spoke in Bethesda, MD.. His near-death experience in 1975 set him on his life's journey. He created the Twilight Brigade.. teaching volunteers about spending time with veterans who are in hospice. He doesn't believe any vet should be alone in their last hours. If you haven't already, you may want to check it out. XOXO
Ron Alexander: Yes, I have read Dannion Brinkley's Books and saw him with alot of other people in a workshop he gave in Sacramento in the late 80's or 90's. He felt like a Bro! I will try to contact him again and see him before my orientation on July 6th. Thanks a lot. I am sure you could teach me alot with your chaplain training too! lotsappreciation, ron
Dear Dannion, I have recently been assigned to the Hospice here at Charleston VA. It was kind of a surprise - very pleasant though, as my most fulfilling work has been with life-threatened young adults at Dr. Jerry Jampolsky's Center for Attitudinal Healing then in Tiburon, Ca. That was about the time I met you in Sacramento with a couple of hundred other students. I have enthusitically read all your books, and have been doing Digital Stories online for vets, until VA recentl...y pulled the plug on me for now. It was kind of a relief as the Hospice was my first request as a volunteer. Also, I do not start that job until July 6th - any time to meet with you? or other recommendations for this work? Blessings, Ron Alexander


Ron Alexander What do you think, a respected friend/teacher says I ought to concentrate the digital stories on family and friends of vets instead of vets themselves? Your feedback is important to me dear Debbie Strandell-Johnson and have you ever heard of Dannion Brinkley and his "Twilight Brigade" - "no vet should die alone" ?


 

No comments: