Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day is never happy for me...

My little Brother Dead in Vietnam
Ron Alexander
"Where there is anger, there is always pain underneath." —Eckhart Tolle
If we only knew before you went,
Dear Barry, however we were so innocent. To think that war was time well-spent. ...
I would have taken you over the border.
I would have sailed you across the sea.
I would have made sure we were free
From our country’s blood-thirsty insanity.
(Memorial Day is never happy for me).

Remembering and Honoring the lives of those lost in the terrible destruction of war along with this prayer from Dr. Martin Luther King -
“The ultimate weakness... of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy….
Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
* * * * * * *
See More
 

No comments: