Sunday, July 19, 2020

I choose the reality of my deepest awareness.

 – Realizing the True Nature of Reality

In today’s meditation, we explore the foundation of our sense of reality. What we believe to be “real” determines what matters in our lives and what we aspire toward. If we choose to believe that the basis of reality is what happens to our physical bodies, that leads to a value system based on physical survival. If we build our reality based on the transitory thoughts and feelings of our ego minds, then our feelings of security and worth will be a thin veil of pretense over a persistent fear of death.

However, when we experience the true self as ever-present awareness through meditation, we choose a reality that is the unchanging continuum upon which all the changes in the mind, body, and emotions take place. This is a reality of peace, possibility, and ever-present love.

Our centering thought for today is:
I choose the reality of my deepest awareness.
 
“The ultimate truth of who you are is not I am this or I am that, but I Am.”       – Eckhart Tolle

No comments: