Friday, May 26, 2017

Healing the Mother Wound

Image
Image
HEALING THE MOTHER WOUND
Hi Ron

Mother’s Day does not bring up the same warm and fuzzy feelings for all people.  There are so many variations of relationships with our mothers. 

There’s the relationship you have or had with your mother; the relationship she had with her mother; and then there’s the relationship as a mother that you have with your own children.

There are those of us who grew up knowing that we were absolutely wanted (whether our births were planned or not), unconditionally loved, nurtured and supported by our mothers.

There are those of us, who were wanted and loved by our mothers, but they did not have the emotional or spiritual healing and balance in their own lives to give us the nurturing and support we needed.

And then there are those of us, who experienced neglect, emotional, and sometimes even physical abuse by the woman who was our first love, our mothers.

For those of you who came out of the womb knowing that you were cherished and adored, amen and hallelujah for you.  That was the agreement you made with the soul known as your mother in this lifetime, and you deserved every ounce of love you received from her.

For those of us who have experienced the latter, I know, it’s been a long, hard road of trying to reconcile in your heart and mind, how this woman, your mom, your first love, could’ve treated you the way she did.

I want you to know that you too deserve every ounce of unconditional love, nurturing and support from your mother – YES YOU DO!! However, you came into this incarnation with a different soul agreement – and that is to heal lifetimes of feeling wounded, betrayed, unwanted and unloved.  Your soul perfectly chose your mother to assist with that healing.

Hard to swallow.  I know.  I’ve been there.

Perhaps there are some of us who found ourselves treating our own children the way our mothers treated us – something we swore we would NEVER do.

I know.  I’ve been there too.

The mother wound is deep.  Have you ever heard the song “The First Cut Is The Deepest”?  Our mother is the first human contact we experienced when we came into this incarnation, and when we experienced the pain of her mother wound (the relationship she had with her mother), we were cut deeply.

Perhaps some of you are still being emotionally triggered by the relationship with your mother – whether she’s still alive or has past on – it doesn’t matter.  If you’re still feeling the pain – still remembering what she did to you, or have absolutely no boundaries in how she is still treating you – you’re still feeling the cut, still being re-triggered day after day after day.

Here’s a promise to you beloved.  You can heal that wound.  God/Higher Power can heal the mother wound.

I know.  It’s happened for me.

I sat on my deck this morning in deep prayer and meditation, forgiving my mother who past on thirty years ago – the woman who neglected, abused me, cursed me and at times seemed as if she hated me.  I sat in prayer allowing God to soften my heart toward my first love, my mother.  I sat in prayer, feeling the purity, goodness and softness of the soul of this woman, who in human form seemed so hard and cold. This woman, my first love – my mother.

I forgave the past, knowing that I agreed to it on some level in order to be who I am today. I forgave the past because my relationship with God gave me new insight into what was actually true about myself and about my mother - which is only love.

I'm not denying the facts about what happened in the past,  but I'm no longer willing to give that much air time to the same old story about what happened.  

Did my healing happen over night? Heck no. 

Has it been a long, hard journey? Sometimes like watching paint dry.

Has it happened?  I promise you it has.

Can it happen for you? When you're really ready - absolutely YES!!! 

You deserve it.

I love you.

Ester

No comments: