Sunday, February 15, 2015

More about Barry and Friends

http://www.gofundme.com/lb9iaw

Ron/Charles
Great job with this. I am forwarding to a friend of Barry's. Whiz B. who lives in the Raleigh area I believe. Fabulous!
We are well. Gerrie and I have been remodeling her parents home near Landrum. 
Both daughters live in Charlotte. Alice is married and has two children. Elizabeth is single and happens to be in Alaska visiting some friends this week. Loved Alaska - managed a lab there at Fort Richardson while in Army - was offered Distinguished Service Medal.
Mother continues to amaze us with her good health. Please tell Your dear Mom (and Nancy), that Mom mixed up me taking responsibility with taking control, and I used my own money to fix up the houses. Lies and half-truths were told by nephew Barry to make me really look bad. I was always trying to please Mom. And I do appreciate her being my Mom's best friend. I am now directing a digital story about a vet who was among the last to see Elks in Yosemite Valley. I drove Grace, Mom, nephew Barry and Aunt Jo up there one time when I was living in California.
Elk 3.jpg

Among the last Elks in Yosemite Valley. I am volunteering at the VA, and work with vets of all political persuasion. This vet is brain-injured and very hawkish. I help them tell the stories they want to tell. This photo is one of many his Father took on one of their semi-annual trips to Yosemite in 1950. Tom was really disappointed when he went back in 1952 to find the Elks all moved out. Tom enjoys these memories and his wife appreciates me getting him out of his self-pity and isolation.
I don't have Jeff W.'s email but will search for it so he can see this as well. 
Charlie Wonderful       I really appreciate your kind response, Ron Alexander
P. S. I am thinking about writing a screen play, and talking with friends about getting a movie made about dear Beloved Brother Barry. This digital story has helped me get out of survivors guilt and grief. 

No comments: