Friday, February 13, 2015

Help Spread the Word on a Peaceful Soldier, who wanted to help not hurt


Barry was a peaceful soldier, he "wanted to help, not hurt", so he flew medivac helicopters. Need to get his story out to counter hatred and violence such as in American Sniper.
Barry Kenneth Alexander (My dear brother had ATSD not PTSD - "Acute Traumatic Stress Syndrome" - research is going on to identify soldiers with ATSD so they should be taken out of combat zone.) Barry should have never been flying in that distraught condition. Voluntarily, I am part of the research team and ATSD is a newly termed much needed diagnosis we came up with. And now going into teaching Digital Storytelliing as another mode to attempt to heal those with PTSD (majority of our vets coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan.)
 
 
Below is comment by Dr. Linda Slonim, who was the host of the storytelling party we went to...
Ron, I am moved by this at a visceral level. It is so good. I love everything you did … how you put it together … music, pictures,your voice. It really brought me back to a time I lost friends and loved ones, not to mention the lives that were
changed forever (and not for the good) by the experience of being in Nam. This is such a a wonderful memorial to your brother. What a labor of love … wow … I love it. L


No comments: