Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Little Meditation Miracle

I do have a little meditation miracle - actually "big" to me - I was meditating and deep pain appeared in the shoulder - arm region that was originally a sailing injury. I had a lot of chiropractic treatment last year. So I was disappointed it came back. However, I kept watching it repeating to myself - "This too shall pass." and thank goodness, it was mostly gone by end of meditation. It reappears occasionally, but not severe pain, like it was, and I take an aspirin or non-aspirin at most 2x per day and it goes away.
 Meditation is going good - about an hour per day now and I am reading  Jack Kornfield's book on Buddhism and Meditation A PATH WTH HEART is one of my favorites. And I meditated with him one tme in Berkeley back in the 80's and especially now on social justice. Here is a quote - "Hatred never ceases by hatred but by love alone is healed. This is an ancient and eternal law." The Buddha              Much Metta, ron
 

No comments: