Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Bodhisattva Speaks

Photo: ~<3~ debs
A PATH OF THE HEART by Jack Kornfield - this is best book on becoming a Bodhisattva like The Dalai Lama above! I am going to study and meditate with Jack Kornfield starting this weekend.
Going to study and meditate with Jack Kornfield is the big leap I posted about below. I am a fortunate man. I did meditate with Jack in Berkeley, California in 1984 not long after he returned after becoming a monk in Thailand!
Ivan Frimmel: Although I heard only a bit - but only some high prizes - about Jack Kornfield here in South Africa, I never read any of his book/s, or heard any of his talk/s. I don't think he ever came to visit SA, otherwise I would have probably gone to see him (unless I was traveling somewhere... I also think you are very blessed to have such a wonderful time with such a renown and experienced Vipassana teacher - a student of Ajahn Chah and Joseph Goldstein... I presume the studying is residential, and mostly in the USA - for how long? Lucky you, indeed! My best wishes!!



No comments: