Monday, August 6, 2012

We can all do a little to get out of suffering

However much concerned I was at the problem of misery in the world, I never let myself get lost in broodings over it. I always held firmly to the thought that each one of us can do a little to bring some portion of it to an end.
Dr. Albert Schweitzer (gratefulness.org)
Instead of "ego" I would replace it with heart - breaks open the shell of the heart. thanks though Jon - excellent - sharing, ron The ego should not have power over anyone - it should be our servant! We could not be in the world without it - it keeps us safe, as long as it is balanced -not too weak or not too strong! Awareness keeps it under check!

Ra Divakar: Yes, I agree about "ego" unfortunately before Eckhart became famous on his own, he taught A Course in Miracles in London. There he learned to demonize the ego like most ACIM students!

No comments: