Friday, March 28, 2014

4 Lies you need to stop telling yourself - Gary Zukav is very good!

1. "I'm just the way I am."

This is a whopper. You are not "just the way you are" in a moment of fear, for example, any more than you are "just the way you are" in a moment of joy. "You" is not a single thing, like a rock. "You" are a powerful, complex, dynamic collection of parts. Every personality, including yours, has many different parts. Some of them are painful and destructive—such as anger, resentment and jealousy—and some of them are blissful and constructive—such as gratitude, appreciation and caring. You experience different emotions as different parts of your personality come and go. Sometimes, the part of your personality that is activated is anger. At other times, the part that is jealousy is activated, and at still other times, the part that is contentment is activated. When you are not aware of these parts, they control you, and you think, "This is just the way I am." When you are aware of these different parts, you can choose not to act on those that are painful and destructive, and instead to act on those that are healthy and constructive. For example, when you are angry, you can choose to act with patience. This is not easy to do, but how easy is it to live a life of isolation and loneliness caused by your anger?

2. "I am unlucky."

This is a way of saying to yourself, "Things happen in my life that do not serve me." If you were able to tell yourself the truth, you would say to yourself, each time something happens that you do not want, "Everything that happens in my life happens for a reason, and that reason has to do with my spiritual development." Nothing in my life is random or by chance. All my experiences give me the opportunity to choose differently than I did before, to choose anew instead of recreating what I have created in the past with my choices. There is no "luck" involved in your life. There is only, and always, the compassion and wisdom of the Universe.

3. "This world is too much for me."

This sentence prevents you from realizing that your experiences are always perfect for you, given the wisdom of the choices you have made. Every circumstance and interaction requires you to choose to act in fear (as you have done unconsciously before) or to act in love, consciously (acts of love are always conscious).

You will have opportunities to act in love and to create a world of love with your choices until you die and your soul returns home. Each time you say, "This world is too much for me," you squander one. You will always have others, but why wait to begin using them?

4. "I don't have a reason for living."


This may be the biggest lie of all. Your soul has gifts to give, and you were born to give them. They may include raising a family, creating a business that incorporates the power of the heart, teaching children how to recognize love and fear in themselves and to choose love instead of fear. Giving the gifts that your soul wants to give always requires learning how to do that yourself. You have a sacred contract with the Universe, and no one can fulfill it except you. When you do, meaning and purpose flow into your life like a river flows into the ocean. Joy replaces fear, gratitude replaces jealousy, appreciation replaces anger and you bloom like a flower in the spring. That spring is always now, even when you feel that you are enveloped in an unending winter. Your life has a purpose, and everything in it serves that purpose. That purpose is to align your personality with your soul and to give the gifts that your soul longs to give.

You do not disappoint the Universe when you tell yourself these lies and other lies that keep you limited. You keep yourself limited, and you live in the painful experiences of fear. When you recognize these lies, you can begin to replace them with truths. Here are some truths you can replace them with:

All my experiences are perfect for my spiritual growth.
 
I was born to create authentic power.

I am a powerful and creative, compassionate and loving spirit.

Ron Alexander LIKE: When you are aware of these different parts, you can choose not to act on those that are painful and destructive, and instead to act on those that are healthy and constructive.
Ron Alexander LIKE: Nothing in my life is random or by chance. All my experiences give me the opportunity to choose differently than I did before, to choose anew instead of recreating what I have created in the past with my choices. There is no "luck" involved in your life. There is only, and always, the compassion and wisdom of the Universe.
Ron Alexander LIKE:You will have opportunities to act in love and to create a world of love with your choices until you die and your soul returns home. Each time you say, "This world is too much for me," you squander one. You will always have others, but why wait to begin using them?

Ron Alexander LIKE: For: "I don't have a reason to live." Your life has a purpose, and everything in it serves that purpose. That purpose is to align your personality with your soul and to give the gifts that your soul longs to give.

 

No comments: