Monday, November 19, 2012

Love is the answer, so loving ego is the solution

Someone sent me a feminist version of the Lord's Prayer that she prefers -

Well, thanks, however there is that "deliver from ego" phrase that I think is a big problem, since I don't think ego is the problem. Buddha says our thinking is our problem, so blaming it on ego is blaming type of thinking. Peace, ron
I meditated this morning and feel very peaceful. My prayer is the Ho'Oponopono prayer - I apologize or I am sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you. I consider that the only prayer I need to end suffering to go along with meditation.
As for confusion about the ego, I think it is because the ego/Spirit complex is a paradox - as best described in
The Rune Stones.......
Lift up the self by the Self
And don't let the self drop down,
For the Self is the self's only friend
And the self is the Self's only foe.
( and even here the self is being blamed, when Love is the answer - I say be aware of the self/ego, and take care of it, as you would take care of a little child, and sometimes tough love is required for a naughty child/self/ego.)
 
 

Austin Correia


the 'godly' over 'deeply human' is a perspective I would care a lot to ponder. Thank you Ron
A spiritual person tries less to be godly than to be deeply human.
Rev. William
  •  
    Ron Alexander


    Great, Austin, I have done further "pondering" - "It is dying to the self/ego, we are born to eternal Life." I really believe final verse this from the awesome St. Francis Prayer! And I think we need to be ready to leave our human body on this plane. As long as we are in our "earth uniform", we need to honor our ego as our "earth guide".
    I say be aware of the self/ego, and take care of it, as you would take care of a little child, and sometimes tough love is required for a naughty child/self/ego.
    We will have plenty of time without it in SPIRIT! Peace, ron

      • No comments: