Friday, November 4, 2011

What is Love?


Mother Teresa said "We are created to love and be loved."

For an extended period of time, from the time I was born to when I graduated from college, my grandmother Bubba was the only person who I felt unconditional love from. She was not a hugger, she was not sentimental, she was not emotional, it was an unconditional loving kindness energy that emanated from her. Thank Goodness, for without her love, I don't know if I could have survived childhood? She died soon after I graduated.

So if love is a "loving kindness energy", love is not lust, it is not mean, it is not control, it is not physical, it is not an emotion, it is not a sentiment.
What is Love?



My Mom on right, I know she wanted to love me, however she was so young, and when her ambitions for me did not turn out, she turned against me. I think I was "near" autistic growing up - at least most of my world was "inner fantasies" I used as an escape mechanism. Bubba there on my left, was the "Light of the World" to me, as was her husband, my dear fun grandpa Pad, however he died when I was about ten or so.
As a school teacher and a wife, she was known to be a pretty "tough lover", but oh, how great it was to wake up to the smell of eggs, grits & bacon, even if it was 6:30 AM. I always dreamed of meeting a mate like her, but so far, my ex-wife and other partners were more like my injured, insecure Mom. I am beginning to think that I have to develop that unconditional loving grandma within. I have been expecting too much out of mates. It is my job not theirs!

No comments: