Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The better I know myself, The clearer ...


The better I know myself,
The clearer my path becomes -
By: Appreciate Existence

Tbis led me to look at path to happiness:

The habit of being happy
enables one to be freed,
or largely freed,
from
domination of
outside conditions.

Robert Louis Stevenson

People who have faith in life are like
swimmers who entrust themselves to a
rushing river. They neither abandon
themselves to its current nor try to resist it.
Rather, they adjust their every movement
to the watercourse, use it with purpose and skill,
and enjoy the adventure.
David Steindl-Rast (Gratefulness.org)

Mary Beijerinck: learning to trust Oneself & Trust Life.. I actually bought a stone for my Garden yesterday , upon it is etched 'Trust' .. learning that surrender is essential .. resistance is futile. Allowing & Accepting & trusting .. having the inner faith & belief that the Universe's tides will safely bring us ashore. I am a Gemini ... and know full well the incredible beauty found in many of life's paradoxes. Trust has been a difficult lesson for me to learn. I am still learning it. ..
Ron Alexander: my "Excellent Mary, I got this one mixed up with quote above by Robert Louis Stephenson - The habit of being happy
Bob Sampron made the connection to Jeckyll & Hyde! And instead of trusting life - taking a "potion" - a substance - Was that what Stephenson's story all about?


‎"One great question underlies our experience, whether we think about it or not: what is the purpose of life? From the moment of birth every human being wants happiness and does not want suffering. Neither social conditioning nor education ...nor ideology affects this. From the very core of our being, we simply desire contentment. Therefore, it is important to discover what will bring about the greatest degree of happiness.
Dalai Lama

No comments: