Friday, May 20, 2011

Let The Beauty You Love Be What You Do


Today, like every other day, we wake up empty
and frightened. Don't open the door to the study
and begin reading. Take down the dulcimer.

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

(Jelaluddin Rumi, Translated by Coleman Barks)
I woke up this morning feeling better than I have in a long time, and I played my Tinklet(Wooden Balinese instrument similar to a zylophone), and continued on to a pleasurable creative day with Jeanne. However, my meds came in from the VA, and I took one of the "non-drowsy" anhistamines, and yes, you guessed it, it screwed up my afternoon. I will not take another one of those until just before I am ready to go to bed. I dislike feeling medicated, and I may not even take it anymore, unless I get really congested again. Natural remedy for congestion anyone? namaste', ron

Don't open the door to the study
and begin reading. (Or turn on the computer or the television
- Take down the dulcimer, or paint or garden or create in whatever way you like to create - Ho!)
...
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
(Jelaluddin Rumi, Translated by Coleman Barks)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this thought!