Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gratitude For Paucity of Inheritance

My life has really been blessed by the paucity of inheritance. I was going to spend alot of my inheritance to go to study at the very expensive Oneness U. in India or Fiji.
Now I have the great Vipassana ten dayer at end of July till first of Aug. I have a deep intuitive feeling that this will be very powerful for me. In fact, I have experential proof already, as I fast on speaking and on food weekly now. After meditation, first thing in the AM, I enjoy a sort of yoga stretching dance to some beautiful music. This activity puts me into a mindful state of mind, which is usually cleaning, washing dishes, clothes, & myself. This morning I broke my weekly 36 hour fast with an apple and yogurt - manna from heaven. And I may go into a group in silence at noon, if not silence, I will be with only a few words (big change!) that are "sweet as honeycomb, soothing to the soul and healing to the bone."
So, actually, the "Reading of the Will" has spurred me to my greatest spurt of growth ever, and since I am 64, I could not ask for anything more.

No comments: