Sunday, May 17, 2009

Expressing Gratitude Best Way to Forgive Yourself

R


I was just thinknig that AOAND
might be mostly about forgiveness. And that expressing gratitude to others might be the best way to learn how to forgive ourselves. Thank you Marinspin. Thank you.
Love, Erin
Well, I finally found this by Michelle on page 17 or it may be the first page of this blog?
I will go back and look again, and I really appreciate the post above though!
It is fun having the opportunity going back, since I am relatively a recent addition!
God, thank you for such bright guiding lights like drmike, Erin & most people on this site. Ron

Good morning Ron, I would imagine that central GA is less backwards that central CA, but that is not my buiness. That old idiotic thinking persists in many sectors, I can not change others. I do know what you are saying regarding what I consider a very signicant defect I have: people pleasing, and even co-dependency. There certainly is a balance needed to be struck between having a sense of community and of self. I have had to realize that many of my family members are sick, and I can not do one thing about it unless they also look for a path of spiritual enlightment. I see some benefiting from the church environment, but that is the rare few. However, I have also come to realize that IT IS NOT MY BUSINESS what their path is necessarily. I would encourage you to continue to pray for your mother and family. Check out Michelle's recent post on a gratitude blog, that I responded to. She outlines a great way to deal with resentments. Most importantly, realize that your actions will always speak louder than words. Today is is about how well I can take care of myself, and let my own let shine. Not about what others think of me, and how I should appease them Peace, Mike

No comments: