Sunday, December 5, 2021

THE REAL MEANING OF ADVENT:

 THE REAL MEANING OF ADVENT: Well, at least in my opinion, here is the real meaning of Advent. Traditionally, it is the time to prepare for the birth of Jesus. That is certainly valid. But for us in Unity, Jesus is already born in our hearts, each and every day. As we said Sunday, when a traditional Christian asks me if I am born again, I say yes, again and again everyday. Advent serves as a time for us to deepen that realization of the Christ (God within, remember the Christ in Unity is not Jesus) being born/realized in us every single day.

And from an interfaith perspective, not only is the realization of the Christ being born in our hearts each and everyday, but we give birth to our Buddha nature as well, Great Spirit, Higher Power, Allah, Krishna, Source, Etc.. We all have our own idea of what ALL THAT IS, IS. My personal view of All That Is, is Oneness/Essence/Love. What is yours? Rev. Ed Kozak, UnityCharleston


No comments: