Friday, December 17, 2021

From Stardust to Stardust, “We are stardust brought to earth, we are stardust brought to birth, we are stardust brought to life.”

 

Hola Relatives,

A few questions are rolling around in my mind today triggered by a prayer I shared last week and Joan Borsenko’s book, Pocketful of Miracles, where she says the miracle she refers to is “a shift out of the fear-based prison of the ego into the timeless love, wisdom and deep connection of the Higher Self.” This understanding of a miracle is quite apropros as we move deeper into the darkest time of the year with its Season of Holy Days. Each holy day — Hanukah, the feast of the Virgen de Guadalupe, Winter Solstice, Christmas, and Kwanzaa — is precisely about moving through fear to connect to the light of the higher self.

Speaking of light, Borsenko reminds us that, “Things that we think of as solid are actually comprised mostly of space. The distance between the atoms in our body is like the distance between planet Earth and the sun. We are mostly space traversed by streams of energy in the form of light. Our body is made of this light, which radiates out and affects things around us.” This understanding of our light-filled being perfectly with the lyrics of the Starlight Song that came to me several years ago. LISTEN HERE and sing along, “We are stardust brought to earth, we are stardust brought to birth, we are stardust brought to life.”

My questions circle around the prayer which I now recognize is quite challenging:

"May all I interact with this day be blessed by my presence.”

The prayer calls me out on the mat, an expression from martial arts training, to take skillful responsibility for my intentions, my actions and their impact on others.

My questions, which I invite your own reflections to, are the following:

  • What does it mean to feel blessed?
  • What makes me feel blessed?
  • What do I actually need to do to make it be true, that each person, each being I meet today, comes away from our interaction feeling blessed?

May these questions serve your deeper reflections as each of us, in the beauty of our uniqueness and diversity, seek greater attunement with the light of spirit and the wisdom of Higher Intelligence enlightening the darkness of this season and these times.

Happy Reflecting!

Love,


No comments: