Wednesday, June 2, 2010

May My Thoughts Bring Love (& Rumi on Silence)

You can never tell what a thought will do

In bringing you hate or love —

For thoughts are things, and their airy wings

Are swifter than carrier doves.

They follow the law of the universe –

Each thing creates its kind,

And they speed O’er the track to bring you back

Whatever went out from your mind."

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

If you have percieved any of my thoughts as being hateful (to others or myself) please forgive me, I am sorry and I love you.
God is Love, so if I hate you or parts of me, I see God as hate.


"WE ARE ALL ONE IN LOVE: "Love is the Essence of My Being (Ernest Holmes) Since God is Love, & God is All-in-All, Love must be the underlying principle of life, and therefore in All. This Life is my life. This Love is me. It is the very essence of my being. Love heals everything, every imperfection of mind or body or environment. Love alone may overcome hatred, anger, envy & criticism. Where Love is, there is no room for any negative emotion."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ella_Wheeler_Wilcox
Check out the bio in Wikipedia link above. She was quite active in New Thought – used the word “karma” in 1910 and wrote the famous lines. "Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Silence - A Key to Awakening (by Rumi)

Inside this new love die


...Your way begins on the other side.

...Become the sky

Take an axe to the prison wall

Escape

Walk out like someone suddenly born to color


Do it now

You're covered with thick cloud

Slide out the side

Die....and be quiet

Quietness is the surest sign you've died


your old life was
a frantic running from silence



Ella Wheeler Wilcox's 'The Man Worth While.'" The latter opens:

It is easy enough to be pleasant,
When life flows by like a song,
But the man worth while is one who will smile,
When everything goes dead wrong.


"The Winds of Fate" In full:

One ship drives east and another drives west
With the selfsame winds that blow.
'Tis the set of the sails,
And Not the gales,
That tell us the way to go.
Like the winds of the sea are the ways of fate;
As we voyage along through life,
'Tis the set of a soul
That decides its goal,
And not the calm or the strife.

No comments: