Monday, November 16, 2009

New Spiritual Mecca

"Asheville and surrounding area is the new mecca of spiritual energy. That people are being drawn from all over to Ashville and nearby areas without knowing why.

I know I had been drawn to this area since the 80's and finally was able to escape the darker energy of Miami to move in ''91. Have made multiple moves away yet am always drawn back here. As you know these mountains are the most ancient on the planet and my personal experience is that they embrace with a wisdom and nurturing that I have not experienced anywhere else." Violette Ruffley


Last weekend I was in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in N. C.
I had a wonderful healing reunion with family - especially with Aunt and nephew. She is his great aunt, and has been rescuing him from trouble for a few months now. She really appreciated me taking him to Asheville for a Science of Meditation Seminar by Dr. Paul Fleischman. I don't know how much he enjoyed the lecture and the Dhamma Brothers Video, but he really enjoyed the beautiful day on the Blue Ridge Parkway and in the N. C. Botanical gardens.
A few days later, I received some good news from Barry (recovering from addiction, alcoholic problems), as I sent him the Unity Prayer of Protection along with his photo I took of him in the mountains. This photo was interesting as the setting sun, already behind the trees, burst forth and washed Barry with its light, as I took the photo. I remind him often that I will always see the Light in him, no matter what.
Barry enjoyed his photo and this Unity Prayer of Protection caption, and asked me to send it to him on his facebook "wall" so he could share it. A close up looks a lot better as you can see a rainbow of sunrays enveloping Barry. Someone said it looked like diaphanous "angel wings."




The light of God surrounds me;
The love of God enfolds me;
The power of God protects me;
The presence of God watches over me.
Wherever I am, God is.


Ron, great photo! There are many orbs of light beings throughout the picture in addition to angels wings. Truly a blessing of the protection, peace and love of Spirit.
JoAnna Adams


In addition, after dropping Barry off, I drove up an old two hwy. (80) from near Marion to try to find 'Carolina Dreams" - a meditation "furniture" establishment. I never found it but that on that "Lake Tahoma" drive, I felt very serene and secure, even though it was mostly deserted. It was a peaceful sacred feeling from just being in that upward twisting drive with beatiful lake, then mountain rocky creek beside road.


first allow me to tell you of my experience on the blue ridge in asheville a few months back.
while visiting a friend their for a weekend she took me to one her favorite outlooks. just to the left of the outlook was a small patch of forest. she encouraged me to take a walk into the forest. i asked if she was coming along with me. she said, "no you go yourself," it's a very peacefule place and i want you to experience it on your own. my friend who is wise and very intuitive knew what she was doing.

being the true beach person that i am did not pack, nor do i own a pair of hiking boots, so on sandaled foot i ventured into the forest. i walked a narrow path and soon spotted a flat rock unearthed and waiting for me. i sat upon the rock and gazed out in front of me. the trees and vines, the beauty of the earth mother. my eyes fell to the ground and there i saw a plastic grocery bag and then a plastic cigar tip. i glanced up and said to earth mother, "how very sad this must make you that my brothers care so little and do not appreciate all that you provide us with. how you nurture not only our bodies but our spirits." within seconds of uttering these words, a drop of water dropped from a small branch. i knew that instant is was the earth mother confirming to me the great sadness from our human greed, glutney, and lack of consideration for all living things. i apologized to her on behalf of my brothers that care so little for her.

i left the little forest area feeling loved yet with remenants of sadness...

No comments: