Wednesday, April 8, 2009

True Inheritance

Going through some intense wonderful growth after Mom almost left me completely out of her will, including this wonderful old beachhouse that I have been renovating for a couple of years now. She left it and the bulk of her estate to my addicted nephew, her only grandson. Unfortunately, his inheritance is in a trust lawyer's hands, and he only gets an allowance for 33 years, which gives him no motivation to get better. And he has already self-destructed - you might want to read the post I wrote about him.Anyway, after initial despair, I have rebounded with intense successful work on myself, which means one day of the week at the Baba Center, a sound healing service at the local Unity church (great minister - I get alot out of her Sunday sermon there), working with Ernest Holmes's Daily Wisdom, meditating weekly with a Oneness Movement Deeksha giver (the best meditation), and a weekly prayer/meditation group at a local friend's house who is one of the original Jim Gore Light Workers, and who also spend a lot of time with Baba now.
It is almost as if I have been forced into "Praying without Ceasing/Mindfulness Meditation" by the original deep feeling of despair/rejection after the shocking reading of the will. A great book about this ongoing prayer life is called gratefulness, the heart of prayer (An Approach to Life in Fullness) by Brother David Steindl-Rast. Here is one of his quotes: "But if we call it mindfulness or wholehearted living, it is easier to recognize prayer as an attitude that should characterize all of our activities. The more we come alive and awake, the more everything we do becomes prayer." p. 48
So I now feel I have moved from a broken heart to an open light heart assisted by some angels that I asked Mom to send me while she was passing on. I am so very grateful for this True Inheritance.

No comments: