Friday, November 5, 2021

Epiphany - A Range of Meanings ("The Aha Moment")



The Definitions of "Epiphany"

Today "epiphany" carries a range of meanings, including "an intuitive grasp of reality," "an illuminating discovery, realization, disclosure, or insight," or simply "a revealing scene or moment." My definition of an epiphany is "a moment of sudden or great revelation that usually changes you in some way.

An epiphany is...

"a realization; an opening; a portal to the Divine; growing up; a magic moment that impacts you and changes you forever and you can remember it as vividly as you experienced it; a moment that changes the lens through which you view your life


I, Ron Alexander, was driving down Riverland Rd. on James I. when I experienced an epiphany. I was just leaving a yoga class, and I felt a moment of "peace beyond understanding." All the beauty of nature, the trees, the light coming between the limbs, the luminescent leaves awestruck me. Feeling like I was living "Heaven on Earth", I knew that the rest of my life was to live and teach the mantra, "the older I live, the more beautiful life becomes." (Frank Lloyd Wright)

I also experience epiphanies several times a week meditating on a sunset over a river where it meets the sea.

Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. 

                                                                                                                               Rabindranath Tagore


our soul scratching around our head and giving us a signal to guide our lives with; a moment of descending light, open knowledge, and choice; a drastic shift in energy and change of perspective that happens in the form of a moment of clarity; something that gives you the strength to take a different direction or move forward and opens up everything; a sense of wonderment; a clarifying direction; and, that moment where you know your life is never going to be the same."

One of my favorites is Maya Angelou's answer:

"It probably has a million definitions. It's the occurrence when the mind, the body, the heart, and the soul focus together and see an old thing in a new way."

by psychologist Elise Ballard

An Aha moment, Oprah









No comments: