Saturday, August 12, 2017

Healed Mind =


Healed mind = Healed World 
๐Ÿ˜
It's an inside job






Reacting to post above about "victory over ego". You know I do not believe in beating, crushing, winning, defeating our "ego". We need it until we don't , and not many get that far. The best I have seen getting past the ego was Dr. Bill Thetford, the scribe of ACIM. He was my first teacher in Tiburon, CA, where I worked with Dr. Jerry Jampolsky at the Center of Atttitudinal Healing, where spiritual principles were mainly based on ACIM. I learned so much but Bill would warn us that there is alot of concepts in ACIM, and just to "tear out those pages". He lived that LOVE IS THE ESSENCE OF BEING. However, he was ready to drop his body on July 4th, 1986 in Tiburon, telling a colleague that he had "never felt so free." Also, working in a hospice now, I am being with a patient who is 91 and has dropped his ego, as he is ready to go, Oh yea, from what I have heard from first hand experiences, Helen, the channel of ACIM had a very hard time with her ego. But alot of people manage to lose it at last moment before death, and Scientists have shown that near death, the brain switches from the rational left side to the intuitive right side.
Lana Carolan Thanks Ron. It serves no purpose in trying to fix or heal the ego. Just gets the mind more tangled up. Besides, what... real or imagined, is not worthy of the Love of God. Love heals...period. I also did some work in Maryland during the late 70's with a volunteer branch of Center for Attitudinal Healing. In fact, Jerry Jampolsky and Hugh Prather's books were what led me to ACIM. I've also had several years working for Hospice. Although I was in the Graphic's Dept. All of us took time to visit with our residents and you sure learn a lot as they shared from their gut and heart. It has all been an honor to serve anyone in anyway i can. Bill Thetford is my hero. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ’–
LoveShow more reactions
Reply
1
5 hrs
Manage
Ron Alexander In 1985, as a grad. Student, I went there to ask for an internship. Jerry told me that some of his older teenagers did not want to be with the children anymore, so he suggested that I go for a grant and start a Young Adult group, which was the beginning of 2 wonderful years. They were Angels on Earth, and they wanted to LIVE, so I took them to outings all over CA. That was the best time of my life!
LikeShow more reactions
Reply4 hrs
Manage
Lana Carolan I never met Jerry but in one way or another through his books, his organization or ACIM, i feel like i've known him for the last 40 years. Such a giving and loving person and i feel through his books, he brought ACIM to the general public way before Mariane Williamson, although she did a lot of good work too.
LikeShow more reactions
Reply2 hrs
Manage
Ron Alexander Do you remember Tinman Walker, the teenager in a coma, that the doctors gave up on? He is still living and graduated from U. Nevada in hotel mgt. A living testimony to miracles.
LikeShow more reactions
Reply
1
45 mins
Manage

Lana Carolan No i don't Ron. Remember, i was in a volunteer branch in Maryland but i still have all of Jerry's books so if his story was shared in one of them i would love to look it up. How wonderful that he is doing so well. So many living miracles because of Jerry, ACIM and of course God 

No comments: