Friday, November 21, 2014

Put Love First

Put Love First
(A Rude Awakening)  Ron Alexander
At a book group the other night, I cut off a person, who was not following group “guidelines” in my mind. Her first time there, and she did not have book nor seem to be interested in “our book”. She kept on going about the way she dealt with her feeling from her “flashbacks”.  After several different sharings from her, I told her that I worked with Viet Nam Vets with flashbacks, and I had rather go back to the book. Dimly, I knew I had cut her off, but I felt justified as if I was the “leader” of the group of which I am not. I was in my controlling “Capt. Ron” personality. Later, I heard feedback that she was very angry with me. After reflecting on it all night, I take full responsibility. I was being judgmental and rude and not in my business. I am not the group leader. I am grateful to J. for the awakening.
At another time last week, I allowed politics to get in between myself and a very supportive friend. I am going to apologize to both of them, and also to the whole group and ask for forgiveness. And commit to my favorite prayer - St. Francis’s:
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
 Where there is sadness, joy.       
And my second most favorite prayer – the Ho’Oponopono:
I am sorry, please forgive me, thank you. I love you.
 


No comments: