Monday, August 19, 2013

All you need is Within


Ron Alexander Like: Allow the Spirit of God within you to be the final authority on what is true or not. Dr. Dean A. Banks Ron:I went to see Joel Osteen the other night mainly because of his positive affirmative look at the scriptures, and ...the opposition he gets from other mainline ministers who say he misses the "foundation of the Bible" - "that Jesus died for our sins. and the need for repentance and surrendering to Jesus for our salvation." I was hoping that Joel Osteen would be a New Mystic, however he ended up pointing to the "Lord for our salvation" also - My truth is that we have to find the "Christ" within - not to look for another "authority" outside ourselves.
 
 It felt so good not to feel any urge to stand for Christ at the end of his sermon which is probably 7000 of the 10000 did there at the coliseum. Peace, Ron Alexander

Attempting to worship and obey God we eventually discover that we most perfectly worship and obey self, and that there is no God higher or lower than self. A God apart exists only in fearful imagination.



 

Elizabeth May Sutor I know what you mean. Dean and I had a great time when we volunteered at the Philly appearance. The organization treated the volunteers very well, too. But I simply can't get behind the sin/salvation/repent jazz. My sister-in-law has this grace that was passed down in her family about "accept our thanks..." as though there was some possibility that this old man on a throne wouldn't. It all seems to much like a fear-based thing and that just doesn't work for me. It ends with "teach us to use the food wisely" - what? Are we gonna have a food fight or something? Or do I have to teach my colon how to assimilate all this food, like it doesn't just happen? And finally "forgive us our sins and save us". By the time she's done, I'm ready to go hang myself, it's such a bring-down.


Ron Alexander LOL: And finally "forgive us our sins and save us". By the time she's done, I'm ready to go hang myself, it's such a bring-down. Elizabeth May Sutor!
 

No comments: