Thursday, January 26, 2012

Quick-witted? Slow Down to Get Sharper -witted

The universe is full of magical things
patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.

Eden Phillpotts

Quick witted sarcastic retorts keep the brain too busy to observe the magic
of the universe. Children usually have slow wits, however they have sharper
observation powers.
Try slowing your thoughts and forget the "quick-witted response". "Come as a
child again to enter the gates of heaven." A practice of meditation helps to
slow down and become mindful being more completely in the moment slowing down
the quick-witted response and making your sense of observation more keen!
Go slow I& grow, ron

Some quick sarcastic quips for those of you who want to hurt someone: You were looking good from afar.. now you're far from looking good.
Learn from your parents' mistakes, use birth control!
The universe is laughing behind your back.
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.



Pamela Pollard Arrington:
How about if you stop and think how would you feel if someone said that to you? By that time, you will have decided to keep it to yourself and nobody's feelings are hurt. There is no need to cause unnecessary pain to someone over something said. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words...will laugh a lifetime and rattle inside my head like a long lost soul. Words said in haste can ruin one for a lifetime. Forgive already! Spread kindness...
Ron Alexander: ‎Pamela Pollard Arrington, thanks. I wanted others to see exactly that...is example of why we need to slow down and not use "quick-wit" but develop slow wits to be like "children to enter the gates of heaven." Read the original comment! You are so right - Words said in haste can ruin one for a lifetime. Forgive already! Spread kindness..." I am so appreciative of your response!

Ra Divakar:
I think this is important post, because I used to think that the quicker & funnier the answer or quip I had, would impress others with my intelligence, however, what I see is that many times it comes out sarcastic (cutting meat in Latin) that was hurtful. So now I am working on slowing down, with a more gentle response, rather than defensive reaction.

Lydia Porter: We all can do 0 to bitch in less than 10, it is only those who seek to grow and improve themselves who learn 0 to thoughtfulness .It isn't how fast you get there that is important , it is where you are going that makes a difference.

Pamela Pollard Arrington; My mother said things to me that have stayed with me forever. Words hurt. Thanks for the kind words Ron. Spread peace, love and harmony!

William McElveen: Thanks Ron Alexander for the "emotional wack" with a stick. This is turning out to be an important one for me. I was soooo in need of hearing this. Sloooowwwing down my sarcastic "violent" maya running "monkey" mind. My humor laden violent comments to so many have gone on for so long. Being a buzzing gadfly. Thanks for squashing that buzzzzer. I can literally feel my mind quieting and slowing down now after reading this several hours ago. In proverbs of the O.T. it says that a rebuke enters into and profits a wise man more than a thousand stripes on the back of a fool. I hope to be as a wise man. Never heard KISS either with a Sweetheart or Spirit before but I have now and I pledge to myself to use it from now on. Being kinder in Spirit and in fact. Thanks to the others also for ur comments. I was touched by them all. Today I have grown in quietness and enlightenment:)