Monday, March 30, 2015

Wake Up World - Choose Peace!



It's Time to Rise and Shine
Glorifying Peace Instead of War


The magnitude of death and sorrow from a violent act is proportional to the degree of technological sophistication employed in the act: The technology separates and dehumanizes us from the actual act of killing, so today, thousands of people can be vaporized instantly but the person who launched the initial weapon will have seen nothing of this but some data on a computer screen. I thought I could do peaceful work inside the United States' nuclear labs, but I learned I was wrong. I realized that environmental and nuclear non-proliferation work was an illusion, designed to lure well-intentioned young scientists into weapons development programs -- so I resigned and chose to work in the name of peace, and now I urge others to do the same. 

By Contributing Writer Andreas Toupadakis, Ph.D
 
Ron Alexander's photo.

 
  • Ra Divakar LIKE: . I thought I could do peaceful work inside the United States' nuclear labs, but I learned I was wrong. I realized that environmental and nuclear non-proliferation work was an illusion, designed to lure well-intentioned young scientists into weapons development programs -- so I resigned and chose to work in the name of peace, and now I urge others to do the same.
  • No comments: