Thursday, August 25, 2011

Andrew Harvey - renowned and distinguished mystical scholar


Andrew Harvey is a renowned and distinguished mystical scholar, Rumi translator and explicator, poet, novelist, spiritual teacher and writer, and architect of
Sacred Activism

"I walked down the hill, sceptical and amazed at what Ananda had said. He called after me, 'Be happy! Be happy!' and I turned and saw him high on his rock, a small orange bird." Andrew Harvey from A JOURNEY IN LADAKH


How many gifts and graces You have given me! How many favors You have fed me from your hand! I look for your love in all directions, then suddenly its blessing burns in me.
Rabia Al-Adawiyya
translated by Andrew Harvey

Jeeni Zucchini: Thanx for the recommendation... you've piqued my interest.

Ron Alexander: Hi Jeeni, yes I am glad, being an "Old Student" of Buddha's meditation you will like it plus Harvey's eloquent poetic descriptions of his responses to the Rinpoche's and Lama's that he meets...

Ra Divakar: Thanks Ron, I agree especially the Mystical experience upon meeting Thuksey Rinpoche - "The Man who shined like a sun."

Anatoly Petrenko: Journey In Ladakh is on my favorites list. It conveys eloquently the whole meaning of travel. Thank you for sharing it!

Ra Divakar: You are very welcome Anatoly! I am about half through the second reading now, and in no hurry to finish. Andrew Harvey helps me to understand that some cultures put spirituality FIRST!

Ra Divakar: You are very welcome Anatoly! I am about half through the second reading now. Andrew Harvey helps me to understand that some cultures put spirituality FIRST!

Anatoly Petrenko Indeed, those cultures are so advanced that they cultivate a full vision of infinity of life, which results in a very different quality of experience — that of fuller presence and genuine happiness.
It cheers me up a lot!

No comments: