Friday, July 1, 2011

Freedom Month - My First Experience of Feeling Free"


My first feeling of freedom? Certainly looks like it!
Accept Yourself - No One is Alive who is Youer than You!

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.
e.e. cummings (gratefulness.org)

Ron Alexander: This reminds me of the freedom from peer pressure I felt moving from High school to the University, where I knew no one. Also, I really appreciated the lack of hall monitors, start and end of period bells, classes in different buildings, riding bicycle, hitchiking, or walking most everywhere. I felt exhilirating liberty and did very well the first quarter of college. I did so well that I coasted the rest of my time at the University. My grade point ratio taking a slow downward spiral. I fell in love with Romantic Literature - Keats, Shelley, Coleridge, and the Mystic poet William Blake (Kubla Kahn) , et. al. and started emulating their libertine lifestyle, which enhanced my sense of freedom, however did not help in the academic sense. I also avoided most of the peer pressure by living and working off campus - maintaining a rebellious persona not joining in on frats, and other school activities.
An Exhilirating Sense of Freedom
FREEDOM MONTH - An Exhilirating Sense of Freedom
Moving from high school to College:
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.
e.e. cummings (gratefulness.org)
This reminds me of the freedom from peer pressure I felt moving from High school to the University, where I knew hardly anyone. Also, I really appreciated the lack of hall monitors, start and end of period bells, and enjoyed classes in different buildings, riding bicycle, hitchiking, or walking most everywhere. I felt exhilirating liberty and did very well the first quarter of college. I did so well that I coasted the rest of my time at the University. My grade point ratio taking a slow downward spiral. I fell in love with Romantic Literature - Keats, Shelley, Coleridge, and the Mystic poet William Blake, et. al. and started emulating their libertine lifestyle, which enhanced my sense of freedom, however did not help in the academic sense. I also avoided most of the peer pressure by living and working off campus - maintaining a rebellious persona not joining in on frats, and other school activities.
Kubla Khan
By Samuel Taylor Coleridge
In Xanadu did Kublai Khan
A stately Pleasure-Dome decree,
Where Alph, the sacred river ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.







--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The HOPE of mankind today lies in the great undiscovered depths within. The time is at hand when men everywhere must forsake the fruitless search of the world at the circumference of being and embark upon a courageous quest into inner space. It is a very real world, and its depths can be sounded, its potency released. It is not a conquest but a bequest. It is not as much something within man as it is the deeper level of man. ‘Come you blessed…inherit the kingdom prepared for you….’” Discover the Power Within You by Eric Butterworth
·
Y
Steve Farrell: I love this invitation from Eric Butterworth! I don't see the inner world and outer world so much as either or but I do feel the invitation to go within has been lost in the rush to live in the outer world. May we receive the invitation being extended to go within where we connect with God/Divinity/Source and may we there find expressions of love, peace, health and welfare:Tiffany McAchran: Happy day Steve and Happy 4th! The Freedom is within and without and the exploration within opens up the outside in such an awesome way. BEINg IT Divine Smiles to Share ;-) Thanks for all your sharing and educating it's really appreciated!Ron Alexander And Freedom too! Being near July 4th and everything - thanks, Steve!

No comments: