Sunday, June 5, 2011

Khalil Gibran The Prophet - On Love



When in love, say not that God is in my heart, but that I am in the heart of God!

Subodh Kumar Misra:
Religion is the art of envisaging God-being; man melting like ice vanishing before the blaze of the sun. When the sun of God-consciousness rises, this hard substance called body-consciousness evaporates into an ethereal nothing. Gradually, we begin to approximate God-being. Here, true love begins to preponderate in our lives. We do no...t merely think about God, as a philosopher, mathematician or professor; we love God. We cannot love a thing which is only an idea, a concept in our mind. All love is an urge of the soul to contact that which it feels is a hard reality in front of itself. Every love is God-love, finally. The final stuff of the universe may be said to be love where the soul is in communion with the being of God. Love of God supersedes intellectual activity, or mere knowing that God exists ………..Aum!

"Humankind is masculine and feminine, not just man or woman. You can hardly say of your soul what sex it is…
This is the most difficult thing—to be beyond the gendered and yet remain within the human." Carl Jung

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I could have sworn Ӏ've visited your blog before but after looking at a few of the posts I realized it's new to me.
Regаrdless, І'm definitely pleased I stumbled upon it and I'll
be bookmaгking it аnd checking back often!


Fеel fгee to νiѕіt my рage:
www.andreia-goncalves.com