Friday, November 19, 2010

Wealth is not Possession


O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches.
No run on my bank can drain it, for my wealth
is not possession but enjoyment.

Henry David Thoreau
Noy Traba-g: Serendipity! That was just one of the best topic I had with 'our' friend the other day. She's had almost 'the all' during her peak days - down to near 'zero' (which she made happen methodically). And I totally agree. I still have a long... way to go (whoever knows?), but I'd be doing the same (knowing that I'm only going to be needing 1/12th or even lesser of what I have now). Now focusing and geared on the meaty task of downsizing (decluterring - clearing, giving up and giving away); attachment has to be totally 'executed'. Few places in mind (nearby Buddhist temple, charitable institutions, few friends and loved ones, the neighbors, etc.). In that particular order. Just the thought of doing it gives me such joy. Liberating, indeed. And when that time comes (in the early part of next year), I know I'm also going to be experiencing that same freeing feeling - the time when the job is fully done. In actual fact, I had already been practicing it. Detachment > leading to inner happiness ... pure JOY! Pooschka!!!Veronica Walker: Wealth...what is it without compassion for those in need, what is it without love in your heart and kindness in your actions....Lili Jacob enjoyment of posession...that is one wealth. great Post!
Mark Stone: RON ...You are great....Hope to meet you here or on the other side....Mark
Ron Alexander: Thanks Noy, Veronica, Lili & Mark - The best & most beautiful things in life are not things.
Ron Alexander: ‎"Success does not mean the accumulation of wealth, the maintenance of position, or a supremacy of power. Success means a life free from the burden of anxiety, liberated from fear." Ernest Holmes
Jeanne Porter Ashley: ‎>"Success means a life free from the burden of anxiety, liberated from fear." --- that also can be one definition of loving awareness, don't you believe? ♥
Ron Alexander: Yes, thank you Jeannie - Equanimity too!

Lacy Hardee: How can the man with so much be poor and the man with so little be rich? The difference is simple. One man is grateful for nothing. The other sees blessings everywhere. What is the secret to true wealth? A wealth that can never be taken away on the ups and downs of the stock market and business cycle? Gratitude...

No comments: