Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Eat, Pray & Love



"God dwells in me, as me." Julia Robert's character summing up the most important "mantra" she learned in Ashram in "Eat, Pray & Love."
and her Balinese teacher Ketut telling her "Look throught the heart and look good."


What I enjoyed the most about "Eat, Love and Pray":
1."God dwells in me, as me.
2. "The sweetness of doing nothing."
3. Italy - best meal I ever had was when I was lost in non-tourist part of Rome - mid-afternoon, and restaurant was still fairly crowded inside and outside with very happy... satiated people. Well-dressed waiters treated this blue-jeaned "hippie" like a King.
4. India - I really enjoyed the Ashram scenes in particular, and the encouraging affirmations "Julia Roberts" gave the young bride.
5. Bali - my fav. island in the world - the people who live there really love tourists willing to be taught. They love massages, and are the most creative people I have ever seen. They live in family compounds - houses surrounding a courtyard with a different generation in each house. That must have been West coast of Bali, because the East Coast has more beaches and less rocks. Gorgeous scenery.
6. Brazilian people are the most hugging and least afraid of being loving than any I have met. I am glad Julia "crossed over" with him.
7. Scene of ex-husband happy with wife and little kid. And other ex. apparently doing well as an actor.
8. White balding graying bearded Southerners can be alright!

No comments: