Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Healing Power of Forgiveness

The weak never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong. Mahatma Gandhi

"God did not give us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind." Forgiving takes the power of God for me. Also in the Bible: "Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive."

The Hawaiin prayer of forgiveness(Ho'oponopono) has really helped me: "I am sorry, please forgive me, thank you. I love you." I repeat this like a mantra with myself and my "enemy" in my mind, as we are one anyway. "Love your enemies." and "Be as one,as my Father and I are one."

Here is another mantra I use more regularly: "I choose to forgive, as all beings may be happy and free."

"...it is certain that those who forgive will find peace." w, 114 ACIM

No comments: