Thursday, January 28, 2010

Creating Capacity to Receive

Creating Space - Another Benefit of Meditation

Creating Space to Receive

WORD FOR THE DAY(gratefulness.org)
Wednesday, Jan. 6

Everything comes to us
that belongs to us if we
create the capacity to
receive it.


Rabindranath Tagore

.. . Comment by Jeanne
Nature abhorring a void?

Great quote... and especially meaningful for me today... as I prepare for the silence of a sattipattana (vipassana meditation) retreat I'm leaving for tomorrow. I'm going to 'create capacity.'

I've noticed a pattern of the most unique and meaningful experiences occurring following these retreats into silent meditation. Perhaps by letting go of the busyness, I am creating capacity or space for that which truly belongs to me.


Ron Replies:
Also, besides the combination of silence and meditation, fasting creates space to receive for me. Formerly, I fasted 40 hrs. straight 8pm Monday to 12pm on Wed. Now, it is more convenient for me to fast 20 hrs 2x per week. My best days are 6pm Mon. to 2pm on Tues. and then again 6pm on Tues. to 2pm on Wed. I drink mostly green tea with lemon juice on those fasting days. Everyday I fast 12 hours per day (8pm to 8am) - making it a real break fast.
may everyone be happy and free and have a lot of capacity to receive, ron

No comments: