Thursday, June 25, 2009

End of the World?

Charlene comments: Our world can look complex and is always presenting us with opportunities of growth and to see life differently, to change our mind and in the process free our selves from our past history. The World is always in flux and the threat of the end times has presented itself over and over in human history. Each time the world did end and a new phase unfolded. What if, just what if, this is really what is happening?"

Ron replies:
I remember about 15 to 20 years ago, a very distinguished looking, well dressed, well spoken Englishman went around California selling his book and giving workshops how "soon most of the state of California would be virtually destroyed by earthquake(s). He was advising people to get groups together to discuss his book, and prepare to move soon. Well, to make a long story short, some of my friends fell for his fear-based thinking and did form a group and eventually soon moved. They tried to recruit me, but I told them I "did not go where fear leads". In fact, I was learning just the opposite at the Center for Attitudinal Healing, while working there with Jerry Jampolsky. - "Love is letting go of fear."
I really loved my friends, but they sheepishly moved back a few years later admitting they listened to a "wolf in sheeps clothing."
"Our world can look complex and is always presenting us with opportunities of growth and to see life differently, to change our mind and in the process free our selves from our past history. The World is always in flux and the threat of the end times has presented itself over and over in human history. Each time the world did end and a new phase unfolded. What if, just what if, this is really what is happening?"
Nameste~ Charlene
Dear Charlene, Let go of this fear, God is Love, Love is Eternal, you are Love, and therefore you are eternal.
"Perfect love casts out all fear."

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; for it becomes your destiny.

- Upanishads



Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers,
but to be fearless in facing them.
Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain,
but for the heart to conquer it.
Let me not crave in anxious fear to be saved,
but hope for the patience to win my freedom.

- Rabindranath Tagore, Indian Poet/Saint

No comments: