Thursday, October 17, 2013

Wooden Boat Show this Sat.

Ra Divakar's photo.
 
Pamela Pollard Arrington - Lora and Vic are the boat builders. I watched them build it, determined they were the best, and offered to buy it from them after they raced it across the river. They took turns rowing the boat and won that race, and you should have seen all the women cheering for Lora. They also won the boat of the show. I embellished it with Cyprus dolphin (a friend carved it with a chain saw), strengthened it, painted and varnished it and covered bottom inside and out with wood epoxy saturation to make it strong and rot-proof. Also I added the green cover to keep the water and sun out when not being used. Vic and Lora travel all over the country in these competitions and need no more boats, so they gladly sold it to me! I am looking forward to seeing them again this Sat. as well as a lot of other wooden boat lovers!
 

Photo: Creativity is a way I stay in the moment, now I am creating a collage for my boat I am entering into wooden boat show in Georgetown this Sat.
 
 


No comments: