Monday, July 17, 2017

Can ACIM teachers be fundamentalists too?


Lana Carolan Yep, it's the same for a lot of us. Ego is such a control freak. LOL
Manage
Ron Alexander Fundamentalist Christians would say "Satan is such a control freak." With all due respect, are you not equating "ego" with the devil?
Manage
Lana Carolan LOL, well the one thing they both have is common is that they are not real  👿

L
Manage
Ron Alexander Hmm, I really appreciate my ego and my body, which ACIM would say is not "real" too?


Manage
Ron Alexander When I used to teach ACIM, which I mostly highly respect like you, the week of "I am not my body", most of my students of disappear lol
Manage
Ron Alexander I would like to dialogue with you seriously about the "ego" dear Lana in a paradoxical light vein?


Manage
Lana Carolan Well, given neither the ego nor satan are real, their myth certainly has similar attributes. Both are fear based. Both are born of darkness, not light. And yes, both would seek to control the mind of the Son of God, if they were real.


Manage
Carol Swafford I'm not really a big ACIM player but I do understand that the ego/ body thingie can trick one into separation thus believing they are only here for the satisfaction outwitting the true spirit of contentment ...


Manage
Lana Carolan I like to focus my attention on that which is real. My authorship by God, the Love which defines me as well as my brothers, our Oneness in God. Is there something specific you would like to dialogue about Ron?

Ron: I don't believe that me, my body and/or my ego was "born in darkness". We are born innocent, and we have to have a formative ego to mature as an individual. Meher Baba, who I have studied extensively also, called it a "formative ego" . we need it until, we do not. The man who had the least ego was the man I studied ACIM with Dr. Bill Thetford, who to me was the "scribe of the Course", and I learned some wonderful concepts from it. So I have great respect for, in the group with him, when we argued with him about the demonizing of the ego and the body, he would just gently giggle and tell us to tear out those pages. Also, Helen (the channel) came to visit, and Dr. Jerry Jampolsky asked an African American ACIM teacher to stay with her. Well, Helen treated her like an inferior maid. Oh yes, Dr. Thetford dropped his body soon afterwards, after telling a friend that he had "never felt so free" . I think to fully drop the ego, we need to fully drop our body, And then we really are free. I believe in the essence of ACIM. which to me is Love is the essence of Being. And in that Unconditional Love we are in Oneness and free. Fundamentalism is rampant with all spiritual texts including the Bible and ACIM. And it takes all the fun out of mentalism. AND SAYING ALL THAT DEAR LANA, POSSIBLY YOU ARE LIKE DR. BILL THETFORD AND HAVE CLEARED YOUR EGO OUT? However, I think it takes an ego to even write all this, definitely, I could not write it without my ego. The way the few ACIM teachers I know now, and who I dialogue with specify which ego they are talking about the "separating ego", the "unbalanced ego" or yes even the "arrogant ego", which I did not argue with you about. Those that have the weakest sense of self have the "strongest" ego, trying to compensate.

No comments: