Friday, July 7, 2017

Thought control or Spontaniety or "Rest in God"


"There is no more self-contradictory concept than that of "idle thoughts." What gives rise to the perception of a whole world can hardly be called idle. Every thought you have contributes to truth or to illusion; either it extends the truth or it multiplies illusions." (From Workbook lesson 16, ACIM)

Ron Alexander Thought control, I have always agreed with the Buddha and mostly with ACIM, however, reflecting on both of these together, leave me with a question. When can one relax and just be? Spontaneous?


   
Lana Carolan
July 7 at 7:33am
Within the realm of perception there does always seem to be a choice to make because of its dualistic nature. "Being," to me, is a state of non-action requiring no thought at all. There is no choice. "Being" simply IS. Spontaneity on the other hand points to action. It is kind of an oxymoron really. It is actually an effect of perhaps an unconscious thought since all action is fueled by thought. Spontaneity perhaps can be considered action with "little thought" but there is a thought that leads to the spontaneous action. There is a lovely lesson in ACIM, "I Rest in God." It is lesson 109. I believe, this is what you are searching for Ron. I will join you there. 😇   For me the all-inclusive lesson it LOVE IS THE ESSENCE OF BEING. Thanks, Ron<3 all="" and="" as="" being.="" believe="" essence="" for="" inconclusive="" is="" lesson="" live="" love="" me="" nbsp="" needs="" o="" of="" one.="" one="" span="" that="" the="" to="">

No comments: