Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Dr. Edelman - powerful, articulate and inspirational

Dr. Edelman is so articulately powerfully inspirational. I am so glad that I got to hear her lecture tonight! I wrote alot already yet lost it somehow here on cyberspace. Oh, well tomorrow! Afterwards, I did get to speak with her about the hospital in the little town of Bennettsville where she was born, and two of my brothers were born. How, last year, it was closed by the HMO which "owned" it because it was not making a profit. Like many HMO hospitals, it was built by taxpayer money and only one in poor county. We agreed that it is "not right"! And she went on about the drug companies being so greedy...et. al.
She came out strongly against the "cradle to prison pipeline"  - "slavery" again for young Black males.
Nancy: Ron, I’m glad you got to talk with her. How ratty to lose your insightful comments about her to cyberspace; I empathize. Can you imagine a more powerful speaker? Every one of her points needed to be made. I could have clapped for an hour. Change is happening here, and the speech she gave tonight has promoted it big time. That cradle to prison pipeline has got to stop.
I wake up in the morning asking myself what can I do today, how can I help the world today.
Julia Butterfly Hill
 

No comments: