Sunday, February 28, 2016

"Well, I'm here at the Academy Awards, otherwise known as the White People's Choice Awards."

Chris is right unfortunately...this man is accurately very funny!
"Well, I'm here at the Academy Awards, otherwise known as the White People's Choice Awards."
Chris Rock began his hosting gig at Sunday's Oscars with an intelligent, biting opening monologue that addressed the ‪#‎OscarsSoWhite‬ controversy head-on. Going into the ceremony, many were wondering how the comedian was going to address the issue, and he answered those questions immediately.
"If they nominated hosts, I wouldn't even get this job," he said. "You'd be watching Neil Patrick Harris."
He also addressed the boycott that some major Black figures in Hollywood, like Spike Lee and Jada Pinkett-Smith. Many people wondered why he hadn't quit the hosting gig as part of the protest, which he thought was ludicrous.
"I thought about quitting," he revealed. "I thought about it real hard. They're gonna have the Oscars anyway, and they're not going to cancel them because I quit. And the last thing I need is to lose another job to Kevin Hart."
"Jada [Pinkett-Smith] boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna's panties: I wasn't invited," he continued.

See all the stars' hottest red carpet looks at the 2016 Academy Awards:

No comments: