Saturday, May 31, 2014

Veterans comment upset me until...



When fellow veteran told me about his wife's(she is a minister) brother having this big ranch in Nebraska, that he wants to use for vets. How? I asked him - "He has all kinds of guns and he wants to teach them how to shoot, one that will shoot around corners, one that will hit a coffee can a mile away...." It sickened me, felt kind of depressed, so went back to apartment and prayed and meditated one precious breath at a time, just watched my breath and sensations and feel much better now staying in the moment one precious breath at a time! MAY ALL BEINGS BE PEACEFUL
 
Theda Parks Have to say.. this doesn't make one bit of sense. Anyone who has been to basic training or in a war situation would know how to shoot already. Pretty sad if it's true, and so not appropriate. I have seen articles where ranchers have worked with injured veterans to help them regain some sense of self-reliance.. it was heart-warming. Maybe you could suggest this to your fellow veteran. XOXO
 
Ron Alexander Well, Theda Parks, he was glowing when he told me this, as he is one of many vets who want to overthrow Obama and the government, so he was looking at it as part of an insurrection. And everyone else was agreeing with him. I had just told them about a friend of mine, who wants to use her 200 acre farm near here for a Veteran retreat, therapy and job-training. I am obtaining the non-profit expert from our Vets. on Deck, who has worked with non-profit for years. I am sickened at the right going farther and farther to the right - to me it is traitorous, and the tide has to turn against them sometime!
 

Ron Alexander Metta (loving Kindness) Prayer - MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY!
 

  • Theda Parks We are a large country, and there will always be fringe groups. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. it's their right, but it doesn't include violent acts against the government. They'd have to get the laws changed for that one. You can be sure they will be under observation by the very people they want to overthrow. So go to prayer and lose the fear--ask that all that destructive thinking be converted to something that's good for all of mankind. Put prayer into your friend's place for recovering vets. Wish we had something like that closer to our area. Nothing stands in the face of God. XOXO
     
  •  

    Ron Alexander Theda Parks: "Put prayer into your friend's place for recovering vets. Wish we had something like that closer to our area." I am doing a lot more than "putting prayer" into this "area". She asked me to help create it. I am the one that came up with the three-pronged idea, I am the one leading the way to make it non-profit, I am the one going after the funding. I am the connection ith the VA. Why don't you help create something like that down there...???
     

    Theda Parks That's awesome, Ron! Where would you suggest I begin? Would it require finding someone who is willing to donate property to such a project first? I have zero experience with these things.. but I really like the idea, and am a big supporter of Wounded Warriors. XOXO
     

    Pamela Arrington Make him a counter offer - since so many vets suffer from PTSD they would probably rather not hear the sound of guns. How about some evenings around the campfire listening to nature and each other. Going on nature walks in the early morning. Spending afternoons watching the sunset. Just BEING. Lots of people would like to just get away and find some peace.
     
     
     
     
     
    Ron Alexander Forgive them for they know not what they do! Hatred does not make sense!
  •  
  • Pamela Arrington I think the last thing these Vets need is more bullets coming at them. They need friends, family, normalcy, jobs, and medical care.
     

    Ron Alexander Pamela Arrington, I agree wholeheartedly, that is why I was sickened and depressed for awhile after I heard this, however their far right beliefs are rigid, and there alot of them! The guy says his brother-in-law had close to 75,000 weapons out there...I had an retired officer tell me the name of their org. which I found on facebook, and he says they are determined to overthrow the govt. That brother-in-law wanted those type of vets out there to be part of the insurgence. They are being watched and is one reason the attorney general has taken some strong steps - too strong for "do not tread on me" types of t-partiers. Unfortunately, I think the attorney general is just being protective, and these extreme rightwingers are actually traitors, adn they call themselves "patriots." Very sad!

     






  • Photo: When fellow veteran told me about his wife's(she is a minister) brother having this big ranch in Nebraska, that he wants to use for vets. How? I asked him - "He has all kinds of guns and he wants to teach them how to shoot, one that will shoot around corners, one that will hit a coffee can a mile away...." It sickened me, felt kind of depressed, so went back to apartment and prayed and meditated one precious breath at a time, just watched my breath and sensations and feel much better now staying in the moment one precious breath at a time!