Monday, March 11, 2013

Feeling Free...

The mind often thrives on measuring, eyes darting about making self comparisons. In this way we so often lose sight of the perfect person we were at birth, for we were born free, and we are free until a measuring stick is presented to us in some form. We were born loved, born complete, born without the need to measure ourselves. Measuring makes us prey to wanting and unfulfilled desire. But free of measuring we eventually discover the freedom to be exactly what we truly are.


  • Ron Alexander Awesome as usual, Bobby Hinkle, and of course unfortunately, there are some born "unloved". Many criminals, who are sociopathic or psychopathic - who have no conscience, did not know the feeling of being loved. These poor people did not know love so they had no compassion for others or themselves. I am so grateful for the unconditional love I felt from my maternal Grandmother! And still feel IT!
  • Bobby Hinkle True, but we were born divinely loved, despite our environment at birth, and it is a love that never fades within us. It is the very love by which we love...behind the various earth veils.
  •  

    Ron Alexander Hmmm, will have to reflect on that, my response was based on my psychological training, which is not from Spirit, like your answer appears to be
Michelle Bernadette Button how about actual personal experience? some people have told me i 'couldn't possibly' love myself b of a birth trauma; i feel sorry for them that they can't see me as a being capable of self-love or depth of feeling. my life is full of happiness and achievement.
 
Ron Alexander Awesome dialogue, Michelle, the Buddha says "personal experience" is the only way to know. I am looking forward to Bobby's reply!


Michelle Bernadette Button lol...no wonder Buddhism appeals to me; i wasn't even aware of that quote!!

No comments: