Tuesday, June 27, 2017

More about reaching Ecstasy!

A wonderful existence...

Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.

~ Nisargadatta

 Ashleigh G. Walkinshaw:😊 · 
The thing I dislike most about growing old (and in living) is when I start feeling sorry for myself. I can spiral down and get really morose. Watching my body and memory deteriorate in the inevitable process, and knowing there's nothing I can do about it except to accept it as gracefully as possible.
My self-talk gets pretty heavy at times, reminding myself that my mother didn't have me just so i could cry or quit, as much as i want to at times.
But to learn the understanding of anicca, that everything is always changing, temporal. Experiential.
The Dukkha, suffering, dissatisfactory nature of anicca arises from my thoughts, which can be contained, if not dissolved, through mindfulness in the moment. Mind is king of life, but breath is king of mind.
It is said that I should believe nothing, no matter where I read it, or who said it, no matter if Buddha or Jesus have said it, unless it agrees with my own reason and my own common sense. My experience of it.
Anatta, or "Not-self" is not just a profound philosophical idea, it is a purpose, a destination, destiny of all. I hope when i arrive, when my mind and all I am is no more, that the karma of the love i've lived will outweigh the bad. Memory of me will fade with time, as mine of my ancestors, but i hope a fragrance of my love will remain.

No comments: