Saturday, June 3, 2017

I am not my body in truth.

Roz Brooks:
During my NDE I was not only without my physical body, but I also was without my race, my culture, my gender, my religion! I had shed all those layers of values and beliefs that my physical self had accumulated over this lifetime. I was surprised to find that all those pieces of my physical-life identity had nothing to do with my infinite self. So my infinite self didn't include those elements , then what was left after stripping away all those layers? It wasn't a reduced element of myself but in fact something far greater. I was pure essence...pure consciousness...pure love...pure God. Label it what you will , but no words could ever match the totality of what I felt. I experienced nothing but love, empathy, and compassion for myself and for everyone who had ever come into my life, whether they seemingly hurt me or helped me. I realized that even those who had seemingly hurt me had somehow moved me to the next level of my life in a positive way, even if it didn't feel like that at the time.
- What If This Is Heaven - Anita Moorjani

No comments: