Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I Am Love


Some say I can fly on the wind,
Yet I haven't any wings
some have found me floating on the open sea,
Yet I cannot swim
some have felt my warmth on cold night,
...

Yet I have no flame
You thought you cannot see me.
I lay between two lovers,
at the breath of fireplace
I am hidden in the lines of your mother's face
I am your fathers shield, as he guard your home,
And yet some say I am stronger than steel
Yet I am as fragile as a tear.
 
Some have never searched for me
Yet I am around them always
Some say I die with loss
Yet I am endless
And though you cannot hear me,

I dance on the laughter of children,
I am woven in the whispers of passion
I am in the blessings of Grandmothers,
I embrace the cries of newborn babies
And yet some say I am a flower,
Yet I am also the seed,
Some have little faith in me,
Yet I always believe in them
Some say I cannot cure the ill,
Yet I nourish the soul
And though you cannot touch me,
I am the gentle hand of the kind
I am the fingertips that,
caress your cheek at night
I am the hug of a child
I am LOVE

No comments: