Friday, October 6, 2017

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional


 Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. Buddha. If you identify with, attach to or resist the pain, it causes suffering.

Juanita Peterson Bishop I don't understand. Pain doesn't cause suffering. I would have to beg to disagree on this after suffering many many years with pain and illness.

Manage
Ron Alexander Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. Buddha. If you identify with, attach to or resist the pain, it causes suffering.

L
Manage
Barbara Walker Ron Alexander I love this idea and I have a little experience of it; but letting go when you are in the middle of it? I don't know many folks who can.
Manage
Juanita Peterson Bishop Ron Alexander I guess I just BAD then, cause I have been in pain and I have suffered. I don't want to stay this way; therefore, I have researched my way out of it as much as possible.
Manage
Faye Roy · Friends with Barbara Walker and 1 other
I have been told the same thing as pain is our warning system. It can cause us to take caution and take better care. I have learned that sometimes pain becomes a habit as our body is trying to protect us.

Manage
Ron Alexander I work with old vets, who have been wounded in war, many have gone on to do great things with the pain. They did not identify as "wounded Purple Heart vets." They did not become victims to their pain or lost legs, etc.
Manage
Faye Roy ·
When we survive pain by living with what is rather than suffering what we wish it could be then we rise above the circumstance to achieve great things.


No comments: